.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

columbus represent

Thursday, June 15, 2006

MMMMM

I haven't posted anything in a while here. I guess it's because of a number of things.

#1 I don't think anyone really reads it, which sometimes I really don't care about, this blog is here mainly because I can't help but get some rants out SOMEPLACE, and noone around me really seems to care (except my sweetie, but he doesn't really get into the details of it all). But sometimes it does really bug me, like why do I waste my time?

#2 I don't have a laptop, and my computer at home sucks. Anyone want to donate for a new compu?

#3 I've been in alot of pain lately which kind of hit me like a ton of bricks. I was doing fine, and my pain meds had hit the point of not being that effective, so I thought: why am I even on them? Let me just go ahead and stop taking them. Well of course at that point I realized that they WERE working, and all of the white pain came back. This was very depressing, as I had kind of hoped that the chronicness of it wasn't actually like a lifetime chronic. Now I'm not so sure.... the Crohn's is for life, and the docs seem to think that this is all related. Like my pain doc said: you are just a strong, healthy young lady with an inflammatory auto immune disease. Sheesh, great! I don't want to be THAT PERSON. The one with the pain. FUCK. I SO DON'T WANT TO BE THAT PERSON, the one that everyone secretly thinks is just malingering. And when I am feeling well.... Do I really want to go through all of that shit again? The friends heading for the hills when you can't be the "reliable" one anymore? The isolation of that is just too much. I'd rather just push everyone away and not have to deal with it. Or think about how others are juding me. And I don't want to be a complainer, and I don't want to make excuses for why I can't do the laundry, or do the dishes, or have sex...... because that is what it feels like, an excuse. Like, if I just tried harder, if I wanted it more, if if if if if if..... then.... what? I wouldn't be in pain? I could WILL this all away? I don't know.

My friend's sister, who is actually a big inspiration to me, even though I really just know her through voyeurism (I read her blog), summed up one issue really well:

"You have no idea how comforting your boring routine is until it is wholly lost and you find yourself creating a new routine out of hospital visits and cycles of drugs and recovery—only to lose that, too, when treatment ends or evolves. That is where I am at now. I have lost all my routines and I don’t know how to create a new one."

I'm there, and I'm just kind of sick of picking myself up and dusting myself off. Better to just lay on the couch all day and wait until sleep comes.

6 Comments:

Blogger iomi said...

excellent post.


I wish i could see you.

9:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

xine---

#1. i read your blog. not regularly, but i love it when i do.

#2. I love that you read my blog, and that you post comments on it...especially when you've experienced something like what i have described.

#3. I was thinking, while reading this post, how i know exactly how you feel, and how we should be friends because we are feeling the same things and i know, mostly through megan, that you are amazing, and because i know how painful it is to have friends pull away and not understand that you really just can't. and then you quoted me, and that made me confused almost, because you are so articulate and well, it's just nice to have a kindred spirit out there.

it sucks to look healthy and feel like shit. I hope you feel good today.

4:57 PM

 
Blogger xine said...

Rose, that is awesome, thank you for the comments. They mean a lot. I have actually thought about trying to go back and erase my comments on your blog, because after I post them, I'm like, that was stupid, she's going through so much, this isn't about what I'M going through... but then I know that no matter what the specifics, being a patient in general, dealing with life altering dis-ease is similiar no matter what the Dx is.

I'm currently reading a book about a woman with MS and her journey to wholeness and wellness. Though I don't have MS, I am getting SO MUCH benefit out of her story, and relate to it so intensly. You are so right, it helps to know that there are kindered spirits out there!! You've really inspired me to be open. Thank you.

9:27 AM

 
Blogger La Madre said...

we all go through blog withdrawl. I know i am just now coming to writing and reading. i like reading yours. take breaks but dont go away.

4:58 PM

 
Blogger xine said...

yes, I have missed your blogs as of late EM

7:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep on blogging -- i read yours in mass doses and it makes me happy (even when it's about intense, unjust shit) b/c i feel like i'm with you.

4:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker