.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

columbus represent

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Don't Think I Want to Know the Answer

From The Washington Post
 
By January W. Payne
Tuesday, July 24, 2007; Page HE01
 
"The issue of feeling out of control is probably the single most important universal stressor," said David Baron, chairman of the department of psychiatry at the Temple University School of Medicine.
 
So, I have little control over many things, which is apparently important. OK, I know it is important because I struggle with it every moment of every day.  It is part and parcel of having any kind of disability. Damn it, how do you let go of control when you have no option? While simultaneously not freaking out?  You have to grab tight to whatever you can muster control over, but damn it takes alot of getting used to. Advice?

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker